There is only one Data Cloud. Snowflake’s founders started from scratch and designed a data platform built for the cloud that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. But it didn’t stop there. They engineered Snowflake to power the Data Cloud, where thousands of organizations unlock the value of their data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance. This is our vision: a world with endless insights to tackle the challenges and opportunities of today and reveal the possibilities of tomorrow.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: develop a cloud data platform that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Snowflake developed an innovative new product with a built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. We are now a global, world-class organization with offices in more than a dozen countries and serving many more.
We’re looking for dedicated students who share our passion for ground-breaking technology and want to create a lasting future for you and Snowflake.
- Learn how to build enterprise-grade, reliable, and trustworthy software/services
- Learn SQL or other database technologies
- Develop an understanding of database internals, large-scale data processing, transaction processing, distributed systems, and data warehouse design
- Build experience developing new database features as well as novel techniques in query optimization and query execution for industry-leading performance
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure, AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud in particular
- Experience with development in a major code base or contributions to open source projects
- Learning about cutting edge database technology and research
- Desired class level: 3rd/4th year Undergraduates, Masters, or PhD
- Desired majors: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Math, or related field
- Required coursework: algorithms, data structures, software engineering, and operating systems
- Recommended coursework: compilers, database systems, distributed or parallel systems, functional PL, networking
- Bonus experience: research or publications in databases or distributed systems, and contributions to open source
- When: Summer (May/June - August/September)
- Duration: 12-16 weeks recommended
- Excellent programming skills in C++ or Java
- Preferred knowledge of C++17 or C++14
- Systems programming skills including multi-threading, concurrency, etc.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to learn quickly in a dynamic environment
- Experience with working as a part of a team
- Dedication and passion for technology