There is only one Data Cloud. Snowflake’s founders started from scratch and designed a data platform built for the cloud that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. But it didn’t stop there. They engineered Snowflake to power the Data Cloud, where thousands of organizations unlock the value of their data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance. This is our vision: a world with endless insights to tackle the challenges and opportunities of today and reveal the possibilities of tomorrow.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: develop a cloud data platform that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Snowflake developed an innovative new product with a built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. We are now a global, world-class organization with offices in more than a dozen countries and serving many more.
We’re looking for dedicated students who share our passion for ground-breaking technology and want to create a lasting future for you and Snowflake.
- Learn how to build enterprise-grade, reliable, and trustworthy software/services
- Gain exposure to SQL and/or other database technologies
- Gain an understanding of database internals, large-scale data processing, and data warehouse design
- Develop experience building automation frameworks and infrastructure to improve efficient of development workflow
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure, AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud Platform in particular
- Desired class level: 3rd/4th year Undergraduates, Masters, or PhD
- Desired majors: Computer Science, Physics, Math, or related field
- Required Coursework: Algorithms, Data Structures, Operating Systems,
- Recommended Coursework: database systems, distributed systems
- When: Spring (January - March / April)
- Duration: 12-16 weeks recommended
- Excellent programming skills in Python or Java
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Strong problem solving and ability to learn quickly in a dynamic environment
- Experience with working as a part of a team
- Dedication and passion for technology
- Database Query Engine (QA), Quality, Release, and Engineering Infrastructure a plus
- Software-as-a-Service platform experience a plus
- Software frameworks for functional, system, performance & production testing a plus
- Tooling and infrastructure automation for engineering productivity a plus
- Multi-cloud release automation a plus