Splunk (NASDAQ: SPLK) is the data platform leader for security and observability. Our extensible data platform powers enterprise observability, unified security and limitless custom applications to help tens of thousands of organizations turn data into doing so they can unlock innovation, enhance security and drive resilience.
- As a Site Reliability Engineer Intern you will be responsible for …
- Building innovative solutions for our next generation of our large-scale Cloud offering. You will get to work with a super smart bunch of folks who are working on robust, resilient, and auto-scaling platform solutions for hosting Splunk's enterprise software. The focus is always on automation, solving complex challenges that span across multiple groups within Splunk, ensuring smooth and expedient services to Splunk users. You will be working on the core compute platforms and hosting infrastructure within the Cloud.
- You will design, develop, and test software systems
- You'll actively contribute through participation in agile development of project timelines, implementation design specifications, system flow diagrams, documentation, testing, and ongoing support of systems
- Your voice will have an impact through your recommended modifications to processes and procedures, and directly contribute to standard methodologies, architecture, and implementations
- We will encourage you to live innovation by promoting and soliciting ideas within project teams
- Possess knowledge of software engineering processes, agile framework, tools (e.g. programming proficiency in a language, preferably Go, C++, Java, Python, etc), methods, test development, algorithms and data structure
- Experience in systems programming (network stack, file system, OS services) and networking (L2 vs. L3, network architecture, VLANs, etc)
- Experience in scripting in/for a Linux or Unix environment.
- You are passionate about learning new technical ecosystems and contributing to building and running distributed systems at scale in production
- Interested in working with container deployment and orchestration technologies at scale with familiarity of the fundamentals to include service discovery, deployments, monitoring, scheduling, load balancing
- Interested in identifying performance bottlenecks, identifying anomalous system behavior, and determining the root cause of incident
- Eager to effectively work collaboratively across functions in a fast-paced environment
- You are enthusiastic about making the many users of your product happier
- You enjoy working well with others in a fast-paced environment
- You enjoy working within an agile environment
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- You bring enthusiasm for solving interesting problems