WTF is FCF? Fan Controlled Football (FCF) is a professional football league controlled by the fans. FCF is pro football re-imagined for the modern digital world via a completely new business model. Real games are played in a single, hi-tech studio arena and streamed live on Twitch and other platforms. This is an interactive sports league built with the fans in charge of every aspect of the game utilizing our patented digital technology. FCF is backed by major corporate partners along with a slew of well-known football and gaming fans from around the world of sports and entertainment.
Why You Should Join Us
Opportunity for remote work pending the requirements of your role (expected to work in US time zones)
Medical, dental, vision, and FSA/HSA benefits
Competitive salary, directly correlated with experience
Open PTO policy
9-12 paid holidays per year
Opportunity to hit the ground running and be a builder of an organization; FCF is in high growth mode.
Are you passionate about football, sports, entertainment, digital, gaming, and popular culture? Do you think anew and think differently about challenges, often starting with a blank sheet of paper? Are humility and collaboration part of your DNA? Do you enjoy collaborating with people who have diverse backgrounds and styles? If you answer yes to these questions, and you like to have fun, work hard, and celebrate with your teammates then FCF is perfect for you. This team exudes an “all hands on deck” attitude, with a work hard, play hard mentality.
Additional Qualifying Information:
• Documentation of COVID-19 Vaccination may be required for in-person activities in coordination with company policies.
Note: We are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need of employer sponsorship for a non-immigrant visa.
At FCF diversity, equity, and inclusion is at the foundation of everything we do in our business, organization, and culture. We encourage, facilitate, and promote diversity and difference in support of our employees, stakeholders, and partners because it makes us better -- better as a company and better as a team. FCF is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. The Fan Controlled Football League makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
FCF is not open to outside agencies or recruiters at this time.
Fan Controlled Football League ( https://www.fcf.io/)
- Fan Controlled Football is looking for a Data Engineer who will help drive our data strategy. As a critical part of the lifecycle & measurement team, the Manager, Data Engineering will be responsible for building and maintaining FCF’s data pipelines and data architecture. In the role, you will partner closely with the product and engineering team to support product launches and roadmaps by building the data architecture that informs and drives insight. In this role, you’ll see a direct link between your work, company growth, and fan engagement.
- A great candidate will have strong data infrastructure and data architecture skills, a proven track record of managing ETL pipelines, strong operational skills to drive efficiency and speed, strong project management leadership, and a strong vision for how BI can proactively improve companies.
- Proactively drive the vision for BI and Data Warehousing and define and execute on a plan to achieve that vision.
- Build a high-quality BI and Data Warehouse with a mind towards scalability
- Define the processes needed to achieve operational excellence in all areas, including project management and system reliability.
- Build cross-functional relationships with Product Managers and Software Engineers to understand data needs and deliver on those needs.
- Manage data warehouse plans
- Manage data flow into downstream tools via Segment CDP and/or direct server to server integrations
- Oversee data taxonomy efforts for all product features
- Drive the design, building, and launching of new data models and data pipelines in production
- Manage development of data resources
- Drive data quality across the organization
- 3-5 years of experience in date engineering, BI or Data Warehousing
- Experience working in the AWS ecosystem
- Communication and leadership experience, with experience initiating and driving projects
- Project management experience
- Data architecture experience
- Experience in SQL or similar languages and development experience in at least one scripting language (Python, Perl, etc.)
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or other technical fields