WoodSpoon is a community-based marketplace that connects local chefs with customers craving homemade food. We were founded by a group of passionate, self-proclaimed food geeks from all over the world and we were homesick for the smell, taste, and comfort of our country’s authentic, home-cooked meals. And during our busy day-to-day lives, we were frustrated by the available options for delivery, take-out, and food catered to the workplace: the thoughtfulness related to ingredients, nutrition, taste, and authenticity were lacking for us.
So we started a food company from scratch, selecting the best and most passionate chefs from the local culinary community, to deliver fresh, authentic, and healthy meals to your home and to your company. We are a Series A start-up backed by Restaurant Brands International and World Trade Ventures (WoodSpoon's food delivery service cooks up support for home chefs with $14M round | TechCrunch) and based in New York City.
Are you passionate about authentic, ethnic, conscientiously cooked, and thoughtful food? Are you interested in turning the asset-heavy food industry’s traditional business model on its head and empowering talented local chefs? Do you enjoy getting your sleeves rolled up and diving into novel & challenging business problems and owning projects end-to-end? If your answer to these questions is yes, we’d love to find a fun and exciting role for you at WoodSpoon!
- Work directly with the Head of Business Development and Partnerships on executing the most important business opportunities across both B2C and B2B businesses
- You will be given responsibility in planning & executing on various marketing, business development, and sales opportunities all the way from lead discovery, lead generation, lead capture, and conversion to sales
- You will have the opportunity to learn by doing marketing and sales through multiple channels including Google Search Words, Brand Keyword Campaign, Retargeting Campaigns, E-mail, LinkedIn, and offline sales
- You will develop relationship-building and strategic partnership formulation & negotiation skills across multiple types of partnerships including Strategic, Brand, Channel, and Operational Partnerships
- You will have the opportunity to participate in many formal and informal workshops and discussions with key company leaders including the CEO, CMO, COO, CPO, and CTO
- Must be enrolled in, or a recent graduate of, an accredited degree-granting community college, college, or graduate school. Strong academic record required
- Passion for / experience in any combination of technology, food, marketing, business development, partnerships
- Ability to energetically and intelligently execute on opportunities with external stakeholders is a must. Maturity, good judgment & presentation, and creative & business-forward thinking are musts
- Strong interpersonal personal skills are required. Strong oral & written communication skills are also a must
- Being an early-stage start-up with limited bandwidth, interns must be proactive and entrepreneurial & independent self-starters who can take the role and run with it
- These internships can be in-person (in WoodSpoon’s downtown Manhattan location) or remote
- Must be able to offer a minimum of 10 hours per week for a minimum of three months