💙 Our Why
Every year, 2M students graduate from college in the US. A year later, 50% are either still unemployed or underemployed due to a lack of relevant skills and experience. Meanwhile, over 8M jobs go unfilled each year. At PathMatch, we think this is ridiculous, especially given how expensive college is these days.
👋 About PathMatch
PathMatch is a career navigation app for Gen Z. Our career matching algorithm matches students to modern careers based on 187 variables that determine fit. Our app helps students build the skills and experience modern companies look for. To date, over 20K students have been matched to careers and opportunities through our network…and we’re just getting started.
Backed by M13, Precursor Ventures, Zeal Capital, Hypothesis Studios, and other great investors, PathMatch is growing quickly and looking for remarkable people to help build a world-class organization. We're disrupting the antiquated campus recruiting model by providing an all-in-one solution for employers to connect with emerging, matched, and pre-skilled talent regardless of where they chose to go to school while building the recruitment data layer that will power how companies recruit talent in the Future of Work.
🙌 The Opportunity
As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll work directly with the co-founders to build our core student product. You'll have complete ownership over the features you build, from ideation and design to development and production. We work in a product-focused environment, where engineers are their own PMs and everyone cares deeply about the end-user.
We're constantly pushing high-demand features, and you'll be able to define and implement a variety of products: some ideas on our roadmap include a personalized career development app,
We're in hyper-growth mode and we move quickly; you'll be joining right at an inflection point in our growth. You'll be a part of a startup right at the tipping point where efficiency starts to matter which brings exciting and unique technical challenges surrounding efficiency and optimization.
- Collaborate with the PathMatch social media team to create a unique marketing strategy to increase PathMatch's reach and engagement
- Achieve signup milestones by encouraging relevant campus communities (e.g. social media followers, clubs, organizations, associations) to join the PathMatch platform
- Develop and execute on innovative marketing strategies and provide progress reports to the PathMatch Team for feedback
- Create on-trend lifestyle social media content that showcases the PathMatch app, promotes upcoming events, and highlights employer hiring events
- Be an advocate of the PathMatch brand on campus and on personal social media channels
- Get creative and propose ideas that are unique, innovative, and specific to your campus
- Provide product insights into how PathMatch can better engage, interact, and add value for students
- Maintain a consistent line of communication with PathMatch’s management team
- Represent PathMatch on your campus and gather feedback from campus users
Time commitment: 4-6 hours per week
What you put into the program is what you get out of it. If you're ambitious and want to take on more responsibility and ownership (with the potential for a full-time/part-time internship), we can provide the opportunity for you.
- Boost your resume and PathMatch profile with experience by building and executing growth/marketing plans for a high-growth, venture-backed startup
- Transferable skills including but not limited to: marketing, business strategy, user research, communications, social media, project/events management, and data analysis
- Swag and merch to rep your favorite student platform on campus
- Exceptional Interns will get a letter of recommendation from PathMatch founders
- Exclusive access to the PathMatch team—learn about the company's growth and how a fast-paced startup operates
- Join a community of like-minded, ambitious students across the country
- Exclusive prizes and rewards for the most successful Influencer Marketing Interns
🚀 You'll be excited about us if you...
- Love to learn new things — we aren't afraid to test out 5 rich text editors and build our own mini-libraries to fill in the features that existing frameworks lack.
- Thrive on collaboration and support — we don't mind jumping on a call to debug or help you walk through a challenge at a moment's notice.
- Enjoy working with close-knit teams 🤪
- Have a passion for making professional development and career growth accessible to all!
😍 About you...
- Senior-level experience building mobile apps with React Native
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar areas of study.
- Experience building large-scale mobile apps (we use React Native, Node.js and PostgreSQL)
- Strong familiarity with iOS and Android applications
- Experience deploying apps to AppStore Connect and Google Play platforms
- Experience in building and instrumenting high performance and scalable mobile apps
- Focus on software quality, design, testing, and documentation