💙 Our Why
Every year, 2M students graduate from college in the US. A year later, 50% are either still unemployed or underemployed due to a lack of relevant skills and experience. Meanwhile, over 8M jobs go unfilled each year. At PathMatch, we think this is ridiculous, especially given how expensive college is these days.
👋 About PathMatch
PathMatch is a career navigation app for Gen Z. Our career matching algorithm matches students to modern careers based on 187 variables that determine fit. Our app helps students build the skills and experience modern companies look for. To date, over 20K students have been matched to careers and opportunities through our network…and we’re just getting started.
Backed by M13, Precursor Ventures, Zeal Capital, Hypothesis Studios, and other great investors, PathMatch is growing quickly and looking for remarkable people to help build a world-class organization. We're disrupting the antiquated campus recruiting model by providing an all-in-one solution for employers to connect with emerging, matched, and pre-skilled talent regardless of where they chose to go to school while building the recruitment data layer that will power how companies recruit talent in the Future of Work.
🙌 The Opportunity
- Collaborate with the PathMatch social media team to create a unique marketing strategy to increase PathMatch's reach and engagement
- Achieve signup milestones by encouraging relevant campus communities (e.g. social media followers, clubs, organizations, associations) to join the PathMatch platform
- Develop and execute on innovative marketing strategies and provide progress reports to the PathMatch Team for feedback
- Create on-trend lifestyle social media content that showcases the PathMatch app, promotes upcoming events, and highlights employer hiring events
- Be an advocate of the PathMatch brand on campus and on personal social media channels
- Get creative and propose ideas that are unique, innovative, and specific to your campus
- Provide product insights into how PathMatch can better engage, interact, and add value for students
- Maintain a consistent line of communication with PathMatch’s management team
- Represent PathMatch on your campus and gather feedback from campus users
Time commitment: 4-6 hours per week
What you put into the program is what you get out of it. If you're ambitious and want to take on more responsibility and ownership (with the potential for a full-time/part-time internship), we can provide the opportunity for you.
- Boost your resume and PathMatch profile with experience by building and executing growth/marketing plans for a high-growth, venture-backed startup
- Transferable skills including but not limited to: marketing, business strategy, user research, communications, social media, project/events management, and data analysis
- Swag and merch to rep your favorite student platform on campus
- Exceptional Interns will get a letter of recommendation from PathMatch founders
- Exclusive access to the PathMatch team—learn about the company's growth and how a fast-paced startup operates
- Join a community of like-minded, ambitious students across the country
- Exclusive prizes and rewards for the most successful Influencer Marketing Interns
🚀 You'll be excited about us if you...
- Love to learn new things — you must be open to drinking from a firehose and learning as you go.
- Thrive on collaboration and support — we move fast and collaboration and support is the only way we'll get where we want to go.
- Enjoy working with close-knit teams 🤪
- Have a passion for making professional development and career growth accessible to all!
😍 About you...
- 3+ years of experience in digital communications or digital marketing
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience with CRM tools (preferably HubSpot), Email Service Providers (ActiveCampign), Social Scheduling Tools (Buffer or Later), Facebook Business Manager, Google Analytics
- Experience in email marketing, segmentation, and automation
- Experience creating content and growing a social audience
- Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume and how to create it
- An experienced marketer who has successfully delivered growth results in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Guide projects to completion, on time, and at plan
- Superb creative writing skills
- Fanatical attention to detail
- Experience with content management systems and web development process
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience
- Confidently lead marketing projects and initiatives to deliver results
- Develop innovative and creative marketing programs to drive outcomes that scale through email marketing, social media, CRM and content
- Accountable for all content marketing initiatives to drive traffic, engagement, leads, that deliver sales and customer retention.
- Collaborates across functions and silos to deliver an effective content marketing strategy and editorial plan to met the business objectives at the lowest possible cost
- Communication channel management of digital content hubs including email (segmentation and newsletter), social media (primarily Facebook), on-site SEO and content distribution.
- This role requires a brand publisher mindset: the create the content our audience is looking for and then to optimize the path to engagement and conversion
- Editorial and communication requirements include basic SEO understanding, content categorization and structure, content development, distribution and measurement.
- Develop and execute lifecycle CRM marketing and segmentation campaigns for a variety of audiences, including B2B and B2C.
- Development and management of editorial calendars for content, email and social calendars and organization workflows.
- Measurement and optimization of campaigns will be required on a regular and ongoing basis
- Optimize our marketing automation and lead nurturing processes through email, content, and social channels.
- Work with the rest of the team, seek out internal stakeholders to source ideas, stories, and collaborate with messaging across channels
- Utilize, execute and measure A/B testing across managed channels where appropriate
- Project manage teams responsible for the content, design, programming, and other marketing-related functions